The Upstate Living Clinic has a full-time therapist position available at our Greenville SC office. As part of the Greenville Relationship Institute, this person would work mostly with couples and some individuals (est. 90%/10%) based on the model of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT).
The right candidate for this position will:
- be licensed in SC as LPC, LMFT, LISW, or LPC-A
- have sufficient experience as a therapist to recognize a passion for working with couples
- be comfortable working with emotions, working from a systems point of view, and working experientially
- want to participate in a supportive, responsive work environment with other EFT therapists
- be looking for a long-term private practice career, as the benefits of this position increase with higher levels of training
- willing and able to uphold our reputation for professionalism and clinical excellence
- prefer spending time and energy developing stronger clinical skills, instead of having to find clients, answer phonecalls, and deal with insurance
- be excited to work with clients from different backgrounds, ethnicities, and sexual orientations
- be financially prepared for the time required initially to develop a full caseload, as pay is tied to client sessions
- be able to attend EFT trainings at nearby training centers (Atlanta, Greensboro) at least six weekends during the first three years
The Greenville Relationship Institute is built on the model of EFT, the most research-validated approach to couples therapy available. Candidates are not required to have any prior training in EFT, but some basic familiarity with the theory is important.
If you are hired, we will invest in you. This position has been set up to help a clinician develop expertise working with couples, earn a professional wage for the long-term, and be part of our supportive therapist community.
The new therapist will work as a W-2 employee of the company and have access to our benefits package. Your compensation will follow a clearly defined pay scale – as you achieve higher levels of EFT training, both your session rate and the percentage you receive increase. By the time you become EFT certified (usually a 4-6 year process) you have the potential to be earning $75,000 – $100,000. The company will pay for the EFT Externship and Core Skills over the first 3 years of employment. Afterward, you have access to a training budget that will allow you to continue improving clinically.
The right candidate will be willing and excited to develop expertise as an EFT therapist. GRI has an excellent reputation in the community, and EFT is a very challenging model to learn, so you will need emotional resilience and support systems in order to develop mastery in the model.